Skater Profile: Jen (@peachy.skates)



Hi Jen (she/her/hers)! Thanks so much for talking with us. To start, what are some tips you would like to share for new skaters?

I’m still a noob myself! LOL So, I don’t really have many tips besides the basics like, remembering to keep your knees bent, don’t look at your feet. Also, that fear of getting hurt is probably what keeps you from trying new things. But, it’s inevitable, so you kinda just gotta get over it, haha! But, that’s why safety gear is important!

Next, what skate gear do you use?

I got my pads from Target, haha! I think they’re called “Triple Eight” by 8 Ball. My current skates are the Roller Derby Cruze XRs. I’ve ordered Moon Boots from Moonlight Roller, also Moxi’s Lollys! Super excited for those. I have a couple of sets of Luminous wheels, but my favorite wheels are the Radar Energies. Also, currently using the Moxi Brake Petals, which I love!

My toe caps and skate leash are by Rollerstuff, but I have a lot of other skate accessories from a lot of cool Etsy sellers! I follow a lot of Etsy shops and share their posts on my stories sometimes! I was also surprised by the amount of skate related items they have over there! 

Lastly, do you have any final things you would like to add?

I guess my last tip would be to keep practicing as often as you can! When I haven’t skated in more than a few days, it takes me a long time to warm up, and it’s hard to progress when you keep having to relearn what you already knew before. 😅

Jen, thanks so much for doing this impromptu interview with us! You can follow more of Jen's skating on her Instagram @peachy.skates

© All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, AWKWARD SKATE MAGAZINE.

Comments

Popular Posts