Illustrations by @backwoodsdirt / @dirtystarlight

 









My name is Geeana. I’m a 22-year-old self-taught artist. For as long as I can remember art has always made me feel complete. It’s been an anchor to me for as long as I can remember. I’ve always been insecure with my art, but rollerskating has helped me in ways I never thought it would. I have come from simple graphite illustrations to pieces with alcohol markers, gouache paints, and watercolors. My confidence with my art has been growing the more I skate. Overcoming obstacles and learning to not give up helps me push through my art block and feel more comfortable about my creations. I never thought this would happen to me. I’ve felt lost for quite a long time and I feel like now I have at least the courage to continue my journey on life.

© All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, AWKWARD SKATE MAGAZINE. 

Comments

Popular Posts